Friday 22 June 2012

Marni 100 Chairs










 Chairs sold exclusively at Marni Boutique in via Della Spiga 50, Milano


Last April at Salone Del Mobile, one of Milan's largest furniture fairs, Marni launched a limited collection of 100 wicked chairs and few tables. These colourful beauty were handmade in San Gil by former Colombian prisoners using salvaged metal frames and PVC threads. With this furniture collection Marni helped former prison inmates to settle back into social and working life and will donate the proceeds to ICAM, which works on settling children of imprisoned mothers in safe family environment during their first year.

I've already chosen my favourite ones, they all remind me of Italian summer cafes and I'm pretty sure my grandad had a couple of "sdraio" just like those marni one but all in green.... Mmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment