Friday 28 December 2012

The Art Of Handmade Living


Several weeks ago I was invited to the book launch of The Art Of Handmade Living by Willow Crossley, who is rightly named by many The New Queen of Handmade Craft. 

 
my Instagram

 
HELLO magazine

The launch took place in an intimate venue in the London's West End where Willow's family, closest friends ( think Poppy Delevigne and jeweller designer Hattie Rickards to name few) and guests admired the book pages while enjoying tasty canapés and champagne.

I've been following all Willow's tales in her wonderful blog Willow Rose Boutique since day one, when her posts where written in the South of France vineyard of her then boyfriend.I remained captivated by the stories of their return to London as a married couple and I continued to be fascinated by the posts she has written on how to decorate her new family nest once they moved to Oxfordshire.
  Her blog is a collection of discovering interesting vintage treasures from quaint markets, to her exotic travels and to creating something special and handmade for her home.
No surprise her book is a fantastic collection of all that and more.
 

my instagram


WillowRoseBoutique photo


The book is full of beautiful DIY projects illustrated clearly and simply so that anyone can transform an old find into something decorative for the home just by following Willow's instructions. There really is no need for extensive knowledge of sawing,crafting skills or anything else except your will.
I had no doubt that the book was going to be a hit among my Xmas presents. The girlfriends that weren't lucky enough to receive the book (which you can order here) they got something specially handmade by me found thorough Willow's pages : rose bath salt, lavender bags and teacup candles... 
I'll let you guess where I've found inspiration for my own Xmas decorations i.e. Xmas baubles and twiggy advent calendar.

And for 2013? Oh well I'm thinking a ribbon-trimmed Panama hat, Pom-Pom panires and party bunting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment