Saturday 13 November 2010

Dark liquirice, soft truffle or a sunflower symphony?




No I'm not writing about food as my usual but of colours for our front door; at the moment we are doing lots of works around the house and one of them is to paint the front door. Want to give the right welcoming to our family, friends and guests and the correct idea of our home right from the outside. I've been lucky my husband said he'll be " happy with any colour you choose (no pink-no need to say), totally cool"; but somehow the sunflower symphony yellow has never been mention again since the first start...
I thougth it would have been wonderful for our Victorian home. then it has been the time for the trendy crew: green olive, Charlestons gray...dead tour and elephant breath, yes I know those names pull you off especially when your friend says "oh that is cool , I painted  my toilet with it" mmh oh dear.
So now that is what I'm left with : a classic glossy very dark liquorice (black) that you see everywhere but is timeless or a soft truffle ( a brownish taupe) that sound soft and elegant, not mentioning that will look cool with our wooden windows, the black fence and our massive lavender plant ...

But at my surprise my fantastic husband just told me we'll paint our front door of Tibetan gold yellow  ( or sunflower symphony)...

No comments:

Post a Comment